Thursday, July 17, 2008

Too much on my plate!

I haven't updated in a while, I know! And to anyone interested, I will let you know that it's because I have been extremely busy! And I have to say I love it. I think I go crazy when I have nothing to do. :)

There have been many progresses to the island me and Damien were working on. I was so busy that I couldn't even write a proper post about it. Yes... I copy and pasted the press release! It's been a bit crazy from the start.
After trying to buy an island from someone, and not getting it by the time we wanted to start building everything in our head, we went and just bought an island. It was only $1k, right? A lot better than the previous price. Damien quickly went to work, building everything he was thinking, finally putting it out in the world. Then, only a few weeks later....
We were offered a class 4 sim at a super cheap price! Yes that's right, they still exist. And they are still only $195 a month. We could NOT pass it up. We paid a few hundred for it, and then realized we were stuck with 2 extra sims, and no income from either. Oops!
This purchase was right after a big lay off at Damien's work. We figured we better get to doing something with them. We transferred all the work on the Class 4 sim, both now named Loco Pocos. Oh... I guess that might confuse shoppers down the road....
Well, we figured we would sell the other sim.
My co-owner of Hairspray, who is moving out in September (So she says?), wanted to purchase her own sim. So I figure I would offer it to her in lieu of what I would owe her. I have to pay her for her half of Hairspray when she moves out, so I would owe her $850 (Half of the old sim price). She refuses to take my $1000 sim! Says that it's too good to be true and she'd rather buy one the regular way later. WHAT! Okay, thanks. :P So I'm stuck with it.
Luckily we got someone to rent the sim for a couple months. \o/ So we got back to building Loco Pocos. It all quickly blossomed day after day. Me and Damien often took walks or sat outside to talk and talk about it, and ideas would form so nicely. But with all this time and money spent on it was all still daunting. We had no idea how it would take. Would anyone like it? Would we be criticized? Would anyone even KNOW about it??
Luckily I had the greatest help getting the word out, and help in general with accommodating the sim for players. I'd like to give a thanks to my three biggest helpers. Jun Kuroda, Gabby Panacek, and Sasy Scarborough.
Jun, with your help I was able to get thru the stress of opening a new sim. You always gave me an honest opinion, and I could confide anything with you. Even when I was being completely stupid and ridiculous, you just gave me a hug and told me that it would be okay. Thank you. :)
Gabby, the moment me and Damien said we didn't know how to advertise Loco Pocos, you were on it! You were completely pressed for time, but you wrote out a press release for us. That's something we could *never* do on our own. You really opened the door for us.
Sasy, you have a nose for finding interesting things, and I thank you for coming to see Loco Pocos. And thank you for listening to our tour... I thought you were completely bored! But, amazingly, you both made a wonderful video, AND you gave personal tours to every big blogger you knew. You went above and beyond and we have only known each other a few weeks. :)
So now Loco Pocos is out there. We are still new owners, very nervous about our product. Thanks again to everyone!

In the middle of the build for Loco Pocos, I have also been working on.... Hair Fair!! This is my first year on the committee, and I immediately took on a huge role. WTF am I doing, I have no experience with this! :P
I am having fun. I am in charge of all building work, and I seem to have fallen into a big role as the "go to" person. I am hosting our communication site, managing many of the people, and coordinating many events that are outside my role. Maybe I am just a greedy, controlling woman. :D
I hope to make the Hair Fair an extraordinary event this year, that everyone will remember. And if you know me, I will be spamming you with stuff about Hair Fair. Sorry, I can't help it. And yes, my own hair store, Mirada, will be setting up a booth at the fair as well. :) August 22! Mark your calenders.

All of this, along with being a full time student, and having a part time job, I am feeling super super overwhelmed! Most days I feel like I need an extra pair of hands around to help me with stuff. Well, I'll get thru it. :) But I am confused. With all this work, should I have at least *some* money in my bank account??? :P
<3 I will update everything again later!

1 comment:

Jacek said...

Phew, you have been busy! You make me look like a slacker!

I'm glad that things have worked out so far! And yeah, Loco Pocos rock!! Woot!